Valerie Jasinski, Coordinator, Gifted Education
Karen McManis, Secretary
This office is responsible for identifying and working to meet the needs of our gifted students by developing, delivering, and encouraging ability-appropriate academic challenges as well as social and emotional support for our students.
Gifted Education Staff
Elementary Gifted Facilitators
- Michelle Andears
- Angie Heath
- Kristina Hunter
- Laurel Preston
Middle School Gifted Facilitators
- Sarah Combs, Blendon & Walnut Springs
- Debbie Pellington, Genoa & Heritage
Gifted Self-Contained Classroom Teachers
- Beth Dalin, grade 3
- Jennifer Minnich, grade 3
- Jeff Miltko, grade 4
- Kathy Riesterer, grade 4
- Kim DeMooy, grade 5
- Jenny Findell, grade 5
High School Academic Advisors
- Monica Johnson, Westerville Central
- Colleen Biederman, Westerville North
- Kasandra Gutierrez, Westerville South
Early Entrance to Kindergarten Evaluation Process
- Early Entrance to Kindergarten FAQ: This document will answer many questions that you may have about the early entrance to Kindergarten process. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR EVALUATION WINDOW HAS CLOSED. The window runs annually from mid-March thru mid-May.
- Early Entrance to Kindergarten FAQ in Espanol
- Early Entrance to Kindergarten FAQ Somali version: Refer to this form for guidance on the Early Entrance to Kindergarten process
Gifted Evaluation and Services
- Overview of Gifted Education in Westerville City Schools: This document provides links to information regarding gifted assessment, identification, and service in the Westerville City School District.
- Do's and Don'ts for Motivating your High Ability Child: Great guidance on increasing motivation for your student.
- ODE: The Young Gifted Child: A Guide for Families
Gifted Identification Referral Forms
- Gifted Referral Information & Form
There are two times to refer students:
- End of July - End of October
- Mid March - End of April
- Grade Level Acceleration Information & Form
- Subject Acceleration Information & Form
WCS Gifted Education Parent Portal
- Schoology: Sign up for our WCS Parent Portal! This is a resource hub for your gifted child and the main communication platform our office uses. Access Code: 5ZJ67-Q5NZC
- Schoology Account Request Form: If you are a WCS parent and do not yet have a Schoology account, fill out this form and we will send you directions for how to sign up.
Online Enrichment Resources
- Northwestern University Midwest Academic Talent Search Information: The NUMATS program offers above-grade-level tests (EXPLORE©, the ACT©, and the SAT©) to qualified students in grades 3 through 9 at test centers in our area. These tests are internationally recognized measures of academic ability.
Policies Pertaining to Gifted Education