Kate Baldwin, Secretary
Coordinator, Office of English Learners
- Luz Ballinger, ESL Facilitator
This office focuses on educational programs, resources and support services for English learners. Services are designed based on scientific-based research so that students receive effective instruction leading to academic achievement and timely acquisition of English proficiency. Eligible students, upon enrolling in Westerville City Schools, will be evaluated to determine the level of EL support needed.
The district's EL program and services are consistent with the Ohio State Department of Education Standards and the Office of Civil Rights and congruent with the policies of the Westerville Board of Education.
This office is also responsible for the Community Outreach Program.
Lula Abdulle Mohamed, Community Outreach Liason
Phone: (614) 797-7120 / Fax: (614) 797-7101
Claudine Morales, District Bilingual Specialist (Spanish)
Phone: (614) 797-7709
Outreach and Support
- Advocate for English learners;
- Facilitate parent involvement in school events;
- Help teachers and parents promote good study skills for EL students;
- Educate EL parents about rights and responsibilities in American schools;
- Encourage parent involvement in students’ education;
- Inform about the general rules for using an interpreter;
- Familiarize EL parents about American home life, social services, and the educational, legal, and health systems; and
- Highlight cultural differences and clarify misunderstanding between cultures.