Ask your child:
- How easy is it to find / get to your classes?
- How are you feeling about your teachers / classmates?
- What classes are you most / least excited about?
- Do you understand how to access / navigate PowerSchool and Schoology?
- What other online study resources are you aware of and are planning on using?
- What extra-curricular activities do you plan on getting involved in?
Ask your child’s teacher(s) / counselor:
- What’s the best way to communicate with you? (phone, text, email, PowerSchool, other)
- What questions should I ask my child on a daily basis about your class?
- If there is a change (positive or negative) in my child’s academics and / or behavior, how will I be notified and what action steps can / will be taken?
- What resources are available online or in the community that can assist in my child’s academic success?
- Are there any extra-curricular programs, opportunities, or activities you think my child should take advantage of?
- Does my child clearly understand what my academic goals and expectations are for him/her and do I clearly understand theirs?
- Is there a homework and study space at home that is appropriate and quiet?
- Do I understand how to access / navigate PowerSchool and Schoology?
- Do I know about volunteer opportunities that I can engage / support / get involved in at my child’s school?