Ask your child:
- What classes are you feeling most confident / least confident about?
- What major projects / assignments / tests do you have coming up and how can I help or support you with them?
- Are you staying updated on your grades through PowerSchool?
- Did anything different or unusual occur at school today or this week?
- What extra-curricular activities are you involved in or plan on getting involved in?
Ask your child’s teachers(s) / counselor:
- Is my child an active participant in class?
- Is my child’s reading and math performance at or above grade level?
- Is my child experiencing any academic or behavioral changes that I need to be aware of?
- Have there been any major school climate changes (events / victories / tragedies / etc.) I need to be aware of?
- Are there any major projects / assignments / tests / school events I need to be aware of that I can assist with or support?
- Am I staying up to date on my child’s academic progress via PowerSchool, contact with teacher(s), conversations with child, etc.?
- Do I know my child’s close friends and acquaintances?
- Am I engaging / supporting / involved in activities at my child’s school?
- Am I making sure my child is
- Getting enough sleep?
- Making healthy choices? (i.e. emotionally, physically and socially)
- Limiting the time they spend watching TV, gaming, or on social media?