Ask your child:
- What is getting in the way of you doing your best?
- What’s going on in the classroom / cafeteria / locker room / hallways / on the bus / with your friends /in the neighborhood or here at home that is making school difficult?
- Do you feel like your school work is tiring, boring, too easy or overwhelming?
- What is your plan to change it and how can your teacher(s) and I help?
Ask your child’s teacher(s) / counselor:
- Is my child actively participating in class and school activities?
- Do you think my child is tired, bored, or overwhelmed by the work?
- Has there been a change in my child’s attitude or performance and how would you describe that change?
- Do you think my child can get back on track with a tutor or is there a need for professional intervention?
- Is my child’s home life conducive to their academic success?
- Am I holding my child accountable for their academic success?
- Has there been a significant change in my child’s attitude / behavior / friends?
- Am I aware of additional student resources within the school district or community that can assist my child?
- Is my child getting enough rest and eating enough good / healthy foods?
- Am I monitoring / limiting the time my child spends watching TV / gaming / on social media?