Executive Director, Elementary Academic Affairs
Angie Goff, Secretary
(614) 797-5934 / Fax: (614) 797-5901
2023-2024 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
Westerville City Schools offers both Half-Day and All-Day Kindergarten within each home school. Here is some important information to remember:
- If your child’s birthday is on or before September 30, 2018 - you may register them for Kindergarten.
- Kindergarten is required for children before entering first grade.
- All-Day Kindergarten is a fee-based, lottery program with tuition assistance available to those that qualify. Additional details can be found at www.wcsoh.org/ADK. To be included in the All-Day Kindergarten Lottery, your child’s registration must be completed by March 17, 2023.
- You can identify your child’s homeschool by going to www.croppermap.com/westerville and inserting your home address. For further clarification on attendance boundaries, please contact the Office of Transportation at 614-797-5950.
Kindergarten 101* is a presentation by Principals and Kindergarten teachers to explain the registration process for Kindergarten, share about the typical Kindergarten day and what is expected of the students.
Here is a list of the dates, times and locations for Kindergarten 101
- Wednesday - January 4, 2023 @ 6:30 p.m. (Alcott, Huber Ridge and Whitter)
- Thursday – January 5, 2023 @ 6:30 p.m. (Cherrington)
- Tuesday – January 10, 2023 @ 6:30 p.m. (Mark Twain, Pointview and Robert Frost)
- Wednesday – January 11, 2023 @ 6:30 p.m. (Annehurst, McVay and Minerva France)
- Thursday – January 12, 2023 @ 6:30 p.m. (Fouse, Hawthorne and Wilder)
* Those unable to attend can watch a video presentation HERE.
Parents must pre-register their child for kindergarten through an online application, which includes the selection of an Application Review Date, before you submit your application. Selecting an Application Review Date will assign your application to an Enrollment Specialist, who will work with you to complete the registration process for your child.
Visit the district enrollment page at www.wcsoh.org/enroll beginning January 17, 2023 after 10:00 a.m. to complete the online application.
Kindergarten Gentle Start and First Day of School
- In July, letters will be sent to parents from the student’s school with an assigned date and time to report to school for Gentle Start.
- Gentle Start will take place during August 15-17, 2023. Kindergartners will attend school one of those three days.
- All kindergartners will report to school on Friday, August 18, 2023.
PLEASE SEE THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS BELOW