Community Service Information
The students of the Westerville City School District regularly contribute their time, talent, and treasure to benefit the common good. Our students volunteer their time; collect items such as toiletries, food, toys, and diapers. They write letters and send care-packages to our troops. They host blood drives and donate ponytails of their hair.
The Westerville City Schools’ Board of Education appointed a committee consisting of students, parents, teachers, and local business personnel to study “community engagement” opportunities for our students. One of the committee’s recommendations, which the Board eagerly accepted, was to encourage students to participate in at least three hours of community service activities each year.
Our district and our community value service, and we ask each student to document the service that they perform. This may be documented in one of two ways:
- Students may use the provided form (available under "forms" at right) to enter information on any/all community service activities. This should be turned in each year by May 1st.
- Students may create a profile on Foyble.com and document their service electronically. Foyble.com is a free on-line tool with the single goal of encouraging people to perform acts of good will. This will create an on-going record of service that can continue to grow through graduation and beyond! It is a great way to document service for future applications or portfolios.
Documented service may be part of a classroom activity or self-selected. Whether it is as a result of WCS’s expectation, or service performed as part of another group, the student can track all service they perform in one place.
- Student Record of Community Service
- Student Record of Community Servic
- Ohio Historical Society Volunteer Form
Application for Young Historian Volunteer Program