Protecting the confidentiality of student and employee information is of the utmost importance. As such:
- Web content shall be in compliance with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, the Ohio Student Privacy Act, the Ohio Privacy Act and all other applicable confidentiality laws and regulations.
- Publicity Consent Forms shall be the primary resource for consent to use personally identifying information of a student on the Web site.
- At no time shall any student’s home address, telephone number, e-mail address, birth date, social security number or information made confidential by state or federal law appear on the Web site.
- Web sites may not include any scheduling information that provides the physical location of individual students at a particular time. This does not apply to the unavoidable inferences that can be made from athletic or other general event schedules.
- E-mail addresses listed on the Web site(s) are restricted to the official e-mail addresses of District employees or to generic e-mail addresses (such as “Webmaster” or “info”) that are forwarded to District employees at their District address.
- The District reserves the right to publish an employee’s name, photograph, department, certification(s), educational background, awards or recognitions and publications on Web sites under its control. Employees have the right to request that one or more of those items be excluded from use.