Krista Eisenman, Secretary
Westerville City Schools offers a limited Magnet Program in the district that provides an alternative to the traditional delivery of content through the lenses of Math and Science, The Arts, and World Cultures.
Students enrolled in Westerville City Schools are eligible to participate in the Magnet program and their selection to the program is determined by a lottery process. Students must be enrolled in Westerville City Schools by March 15 to be eligible for the lottery.
Please review the following information carefully.
Magnet Program Options
- The Magnet Program consists of three options: Math/Science, World Cultures, and Arts.
Magnet Program Locations
- Emerson Elementary hosts the World Cultures program, while Hanby Elementary hosts the Arts program and the Math/Science program.
- Questions regarding the Math/Science Magnet Program or the Arts Magnet Program at Hanby please call Principal Monica Brown at 614.797.7100 or email her at BrownM@wcsoh.org.
- Questions regarding the World Cultures Magnet Program at Emerson please call Principal Christine Doolittle at 614.797.7080 or email her at DoolittC@wcsoh.org.
Magnet Program Applications and Lottery
- Parents will have the option to complete an online application for the 2019-2020 school year.
Magnet Program Timeline for 2019 Lottery
- Tuesday, February 19 - Applications, brochures & flyers available at all elementary buildings and online
- Wednesday, March 6 - Magnet Fair and Open House
- Hanby, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Emerson, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 15 - Application Deadline is midnight, 3/15/2019
- Friday, April 5 - Invitation Letter sent home
- Friday, April 12 - Acceptance of Invitation due