2021 Parent & Athlete Spring Meeting
Click link to view 2021 Spring Sports Meeting
2021 Track & Field
- All of Final Forms must be complete (paper copies of documents are no longer accepted, except sports physicals)
- Athletes must have a current OHSAA Sports Physical on file (valid for 13 months).
- First practice is March 1, 2021 3:00-4:15, required pick-up 4:30.
- Starting March 8, 2021 - End of season, practice will be from 3:00-4:30 with required pick-up @ 4:45.
- Practices in March will be indoors & outdoors. Athletes are required to have a set of workout clothes for indoors & a set of workout clothes for outdoors EVERYDAY.
- Athletes are expected to be at practice daily and participate in competitions. Please advise Coach Farrow of any commitments which will conflict on a regular basis.
- All team information will be provided verbally to athletes and messaged using the REMIND (text) app. Information will also be on morning announcements.
- Parents should expect to volunteer and work at least one home track meet.
- More detailed season info and expectations will be provided soon after the first practice.
- Looking forward to a rewarding and successful season!
2021 8th Grade Girls Softball
- First day of practice is March 1, 2021
- Practice is Monday-Friday 4:45 - 6:15 in the gym. Arrive at Blendon no earlier than 4:30. Required pick-up time is 6:30.
2021 Spring Sports Competition Schedule (click Arbiter link below)
Link https://arbiterlive.com/ *(Search Blendon 2020-21. Always confirm schedule with your coach)
Blendon will only use Final Forms for the collection of required sports documentation starting Winter 2021. Paper copies of your OHSAA sports physicals are accepted. Please do not turn in any other paper documentation as it is not valid and can no longer be used. Final Forms Link https://westerville-oh.finalforms.com
Kenny Farrow email@example.com - 614.561.7798 cell
2021 Spring Coaching Staff
7/8th Head Boys Track & Field - Kenny Farrow firstname.lastname@example.org - 614.561.7798 cell
7/8th Head Girls Track & Field - Ramsey Farrow email@example.com
7/8th Assistant Girls Track & Field Coach - Rich Fechter firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Head Softball Coach - Michelle Beightol-Batten email@example.com
8th Assistant Softball Coach - Kyle Bright
Blendon's Ares Team Store is now OPEN! Purchase cool gear & spirit wear!!!
Track & Field Team Store
Softball Team Store
Thanks for supporting Blendon student athletes!
Updated March 5, 2021
***PARENTS & ATHLETES - PLEASE READ INFORMATION BELOW***
***Sports physicals (valid for one year from date administered), emergency medical authorization form, concussion information sheet, Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Lindsay's Law Parent/Athlete Signature Form, and the COVID-19 Waiver form are all required to participate in athletics at Blendon MS. Sports physicals are required to participate in any tryout for the following sports: cheer, golf, volleyball, basketball, and softball and on the first official day of practice for all other sports. Pay to participate fees and any school related fees, must be paid in full prior to the first scrimmage/competition for each sport***
Lindsay’s Law, from the Ohio Revised Code 3313.5310, 3707.58 and 3707.59 becomes effective on August 1, 2017. In accordance with this law, the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio Department of Education, the Ohio High School Athletic Association, the Ohio Chapter of the American College of Cardiology and other stakeholders jointly developed guidelines and other relevant materials to inform and educate students and youth athletes participating in or desiring to participate in an athletic activity, their parents, and their coaches about the nature and warning signs of sudden cardiac arrest.
Click this link to learn more about “Lindsay’s Law”…Click here to watch the required video…Click here for the required information sheet and click here for the required signature form
All athletes must submit this form before they can participate.
All athletes must have the following: (View and download forms here.)
- Physical Evaluation Form
- Emergency Medical Authorization
- Concussion Information Sheet: Interscholastic Athletics
Sports Participation Fee
Home Educated & Private School Students
** IMPORTANT **
- Students planning to tryout for any school sport must have a current physical on file in the athletic office. Physicals are good for one year from the date signed by physician . Be sure to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Sports Physical Forms are available on the right.
- All events are scheduled to start at 5:00 PM unless indicated otherwise. School transportation and weather may affect the actual starting time. Home events against Olentangy schools will probably begin after 5:00 due to bus issues.
- Please note that students will be bussed one-way to games and meets held against the other Westerville middle schools. Parents will need to provide transportation home from these events.