All athletes interested in football, cross country, and golf at Blendon this fall. Schedules for summer conditioning and sports activities will be posted on this site (1st week of June). Please check this page often during the summer for important updates.
All athletes attending 8th grade in the fall of 2023 are REQUIRED to meet the eligibility requirements below to participate in athletics at Blendon.
*Important Eligibility Information*
All athletes must meet eligibility requirements established for WCS. Eligibility requirements include passing at least 4 classes and a minimum of a 1.75 GPA.
At the coaches' discretion, ineligible students may participate on a practice-only basis until the next grading period. If eligibility status improves to 'eligible' based on quarter grades, then the athlete will be permitted to start playing in games as well. *Please note, the decision to permit student athletes that are ineligible on a team is solely determined by the coach of each team.*
*Fall athletes must have a current sports physical (do not upload to Final Forms, turn in a hard copy to the office) & complete FINAL FORMS (link below) to tryout and practice on day 1.
Winter/Spring Athletic Directors
Kenny Farrow firstname.lastname@example.org - 614.561.7798
Amanda MacClements email@example.com
Please read the important information below!
- Blendon will only use Final Forms for the collection of required sports documentation. Only paper copies of your OHSAA sports physicals will be accepted. Please do not turn in any other paper documentation as it is not valid and can no longer be used.
- Note: Final Forms should be completed by parents & athletes TOGETHER. Athletes will personally receive emails (sent to their school email address) with documents athletes have to sign themselves.
- Final Forms must be 100% complete (all sections will turn GREEN).
- Any RED and/or YELLOW section indicates Final Forms is incomplete and needs immediate attention.
- In addition, all athletes must have a current OHSAA sports physical on file.
- Final Forms must be complete and sports physicals must be current in order to PARTICIPATE IN ANY OPTIONAL CONDITIONING, OPEN GYM, and/or TRYOUT.
Final Forms Link
Updated January 17, 2023
PARENTS & ATHLETES - PLEASE READ INFORMATION BELOW
The below are all required to participate in athletics at Blendon Middle School
- Sports physicals** (valid for one year from date administered)
- Emergency medical authorization form
- Concussion information sheet
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Lindsay's Law Parent/Athlete Signature Form
- COVID-19 Waiver form
**Sports physicals are required to participate in any tryout for the following sports: cheer, golf, volleyball, basketball, and softball and on the first official day of practice for all other sports.
Pay to participate fees and any school related fees, must be paid in full prior to the first scrimmage/competition for each sport.
Lindsay’s Law, from the Ohio Revised Code 3313.5310, 3707.58 and 3707.59 becomes effective on August 1, 2017. In accordance with this law, the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio Department of Education, the Ohio High School Athletic Association, the Ohio Chapter of the American College of Cardiology and other stakeholders jointly developed guidelines and other relevant materials to inform and educate students and youth athletes participating in or desiring to participate in an athletic activity, their parents, and their coaches about the nature and warning signs of sudden cardiac arrest.
- Click here to learn more about “Lindsay’s Law”
- Click here to watch the required video
- Click here for the required information sheet
- Click here for the required signature form (All athletes must submit this form before they can participate.)
All athletes must have the following: (View and download forms here.)
- Physical Evaluation Form
- Emergency Medical Authorization
- Concussion Information Sheet: Interscholastic Athletics
Sports Participation Fee
Home Educated & Private School Students
- Students planning to tryout for any school sport must have a current physical on file in the athletic office. Physicals are good for one year from the date signed by physician . Be sure to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Sports Physical Forms are available on the right.
- All events are scheduled to start at 5:00 PM unless indicated otherwise. School transportation and weather may affect the actual starting time. Home events against Olentangy schools will probably begin after 5:00 due to bus issues.
- Please note that students will be bussed one-way to games and meets held against the other Westerville middle schools. Parents will need to provide transportation home from these events.