2018-2019 CCP Information Meeting Information
Current students in grades 6-11 who are interested in participating in College Credit Plus (CCP) next school year should mark their calendars for Tuesday, January 30th, at 7:00 p.m. to attend a mandatory CCP information session at Westerville Central High School.
The CCP Program allows eligible Ohio students in grades 7 through 12 to earn college and high school credit through the successful completion of college courses. To participate in CCP for the 2018-2019 school year, which will include the 2018 Summer Term, students and their families participating in CCP for the first time must attend this mandatory informational meeting.
Students interested in CCP (which includes, but is not limited to, specialized programs such as the John Glenn Internship as well as CCP courses offered on a student’s high school campus) must demonstrate college-readiness and be accepted by the college/university they wish to attend. Each college/university has their own GPA and standardized test minimums. Academic Advisors from Central Ohio Technical College, Columbus State Community College, Otterbein University, The Ohio State University, and the University of Toledo, will be available to discuss
opportunities on their campuses.
In addition to attending the informational meeting, students and families must complete and return an Intent to Participate Form to their high school counselor by April 6 to participate during the 2018-2019 school year. Intent forms will be available at the information session on January
Current CCP students will be able to review a refresher presentation online and are not required to attend the annual information session again. Current CCP students must also return an Intent to Participate Form by April 6 to their school counselor to participate during the 2018-2019 school year. Additional details, including the link to the online presentation and intent form, will be sent to current students and families via email on January 31.
Current CCP Student Information
Spring Semester is underway! Reminder for students taking a college course this semester - if you want to drop a course without being responsible for the cost of tuition, you must complete the drop process with your college within 10 days of the start of the semester.
Columbus State Community College Updates for Spring, 2018:
Want to register for a spring semester course? Complete this form by and take it to your high school counselor for their signature. Spring registration forms are due by Friday, January 12th at 3 pm to CSCC.
- Students were emailed the amount of spring CCP hours available on October 16th.
Find additional details about CCP on CSCC's website: https://www.cscc.edu/academics/college-credit-plus/college-credit-plus-students/current-ccp.shtml and be sure to check your CSCC email often once you are accepted!
Parking for Spring Semester
Textbooks for Spring Semester
Your academic advisor at Columbus State Community College is Jennifer Miller. She can be contacted at Jmille02@cscc.edu or 614-287-5790.
Otterbein University Updates for Spring Semester, 2018:
- Find additional details about CCP at Otterbein at http://www.otterbein.edu/public/FutureStudents/Undergraduate/OCI.aspx and be sure to check your Otterbein email often once you are accepted!
- Textbooks for Spring Semester
- At the end of the semester, you will turn in your Otterbein textbooks to the Academic Enrichment Center (across from Westerville South) at the end of the term. You will be charged the cost of the textbooks if they are not returned.
- Your academic advisor at Otterbein is Deanna Heermann. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614.823.1624.
The Ohio State University Updates for Fall Semester, 2017:
- For more information about the OSU Academy program, visit https://academy-ccp.osu.edu/.
- Textbooks for Spring Semester
- At the end of the semester, you will turn in your OSU textbooks to the Academic Enrichment Center (across from Westerville South) at the end of the term. You will be charged the cost of the textbooks if they are not returned.
- Your academic advisor at OSU is Michele Brown. She can be contacted at email@example.com or 614-688-4468.