Westerville City School District Board of Education President Dr. Nancy Nestor-Baker today announced that Board members have narrowed their applicant pool and will interview three district residents to complete the unexpired term of Cindy Crowe, who last month announced her resignation from the Board effective May 19, 2014.
Board members received and reviewed 11 applications from the following individuals:
- Richard W. Bird, head of information security for Mettler-Toledo International, Inc.;
- James E. Burgess, co-owner, Common View, LLC;
- Michael K. Burns, director/public finance banker, Robert W. Baird & Co.;
- Gerrie L. Cotter, project manager, director of policy, strategy and performance/policy analyst, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services;
- Luke M. Davis, site QA complaints coordinator, Abbott Nutrition;
- Roger L. Fleegle, teacher’s aide, Educational Service Center of Central Ohio.
- Lisa M. Good, business analyst, Chase; and
- Alfred T. Hammond, bureau chief for the Bureau of Audit, Control and Claims Support, Ohio Bureau of Employment Services/Ohio Department of Job and Family Services;
- Eugene L. Hollins, partner, Frost Brown Todd, LLC
- L. Michael Howard, director of quality assurance, Julian & Grube;
- Preston C. Stapleton, branch manager, Huntington Bank;
Board members met on May 29, 2014, to thoroughly review and discuss each of the applications. As a result of this initial screening, Board members will be interviewing Bird, Davis and Hammond to determine which of the three finalists they will appoint to the vacant position. Interviews will be conducted in executive session during special meetings of the board on June 4 and June 5, 2014.
The person selected to complete Crowe’s term, which ends December 31, 2015, will be sworn into office during the Board of Education’s next regular meeting at 6 p.m. on June 9, 2014, in the district’s Early Learning Center, 936 Eastwind Drive.
The Westerville City Schools Board of Education is seeking a community member to replace Cindy Crowe, who submitted her resignation effective May 19. Our goal is to find a new member to serve the remainder of Cindy Crowe’s term, which runs through December 31, 2015.
School district residents interested in applying for the vacancy must complete and submit their application materials no later than 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 21, 2014. Application documents can be found to the right on this page or an application packet can be picked up at the receptionist's desk at the Early Learning Center, 936 Eastwind Drive.
The application itself consists of three components:
Please submit all documents, preferably typed, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent/hand delivered to:
Westerville City School District
Attn: Board President
936 Eastwind Drive
Westerville, OH 43081
The application process will generally be as follows:
- Application Process Begins – May 9, 2014
- Application deadline – 4 p.m. on May 21, 2014
- Selection of finalists – Special Board Meeting on May 29, 2014 (the Board will move immediately into executive session; applicant will not be part of the session)
- Interviews of finalists – June 4 and June 5, 2014
- Swearing in of new member – June 9, 2014
Applicants must be U.S. citizens at least 18 years of age, residents of the school district, and registered voters.
If you have questions about the process, please don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Nancy Nestor-Baker, President of Westerville City Schools Board of Education, at email@example.com or by phone at (614) 797-5713.