Karli Collins, Administrative Assistant
Director of Human Resources, Classified
(Employee Wellness/District Health & Safety)
Director of Human Resources, Licensed
CURRENT EMPLOYEES: Please note that questions about insurance and benefits are processed through the Treasurer's office. Please call 797-5778 if you have questions about either of these topics.
Thank you for your interest in the Westerville City School District. We are continually looking for highly qualified professional educators and support staff. As an equal opportunity employer, it is the policy that no candidate for a position in the District shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, or disability.
The Westerville City School District uses an on-line application process for all positions. Vacancies are posted on the Online Application System and will be accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
By clicking the desired application link, you will be directed to another site where you can complete and submit an application. Please follow the directions carefully, and complete as much of the application as possible.
Applications are normally only kept for 24 months. You may update your on-line application with additional information at any time via the internet.
When completing the application, please have the following information available:
- Personal information
- Education history
- Related experience (personal and professional activities)
- Certificate/License information (if applicable)
- Employment history
When hiring teachers with previous teaching experience in any Ohio school district, a maximum of five years service will be credited for placement on the district salary schedule in all areas except for those areas where the Board of Education has approved an exception due to a shortage of qualified applicants. Terms and conditions of employment with the Westerville City School District are governed by either negotiated or good faith agreements with all bargaining units and employee groups.
Want to become a Substitute?
Individuals interested in working as a substitute in the Westerville City Schools need to click here.
Retired teachers speak up in exit interviews
Every year we solicit feedback from our retiring teachers. Here is a sample of what they have to say.
Question: Is there anything else you would like to add regarding your time employed with WCS?
- WCS is one of the best districts I have ever worked. People are fantastic as well as the community. I am proud to say I worked here!
- I loved working with the children and families. It is a great community and my time with them was very rewarding.
Question: What did you find most rewarding about your work in Westerville City Schools?
- Teaching great classes of kids and working with phenomenal staff and parents.
- The administrators and fellow teachers who supported one another on a daily basis.
- Colleague support, great test results, students’ successes, progressive school board and administration.