Executive Director, Elementary Schools
Angie Goff, Secretary
(614) 797-5934 / Fax: (614) 797-5901
The 2022-2023 Magnet Application is now open.
The EXTENDED deadline to enter the Magnet Program Lottery is
Monday, April 18 @ 5 p.m..
NEW MAGNET FAIR/OPEN HOUSE EVENTS SCHEDULED,
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2022:
EMERSON: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
HANBY: 6-7 p.m.
Westerville City Schools offers Magnet Programs at Hanby and Emerson. Each building has a unique focus:
- Hanby provides learning experiences that focus on:
- Math & Science (Grades 1-5)
- Fine Arts (Grades 4-5)
- Emerson focuses on:
- World Cultures (Grades 1-5)
- Fine Arts (Grades 1-3)
Students enrolled in Westerville City Schools are eligible to participate in the Magnet program and their selection to the program is determined by a lottery process. Students must complete enrollment in Westerville City Schools with an Enrollment Specialist no later than April 18 to be eligible for the lottery.
Please review the following information carefully.
Magnet Program Options
- The Magnet Program consists of three options: Math/Science, World Cultures, and Arts.
Magnet Program Locations
- Emerson Elementary hosts the World Cultures program for grades 1-5 and Fine Arts program for grades 1-3, while Hanby Elementary hosts the Arts program for grades 4-5 and the Math/Science program for grades 1-5. The Fine Arts program for grades 4-5 will be moved to Emerson in the next 2 years.
- Questions regarding the Math/Science Magnet Program or the Arts Magnet Program for grades 4-5 at Hanby please call Principal MeganRose Forman at 614.797.7100 or email her at email@example.com.
- Questions regarding the World Cultures Magnet Program or the Fine Arts program for grades 1-3 at Emerson please call Principal Chris Poynter at 614.797.7080 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Magnet Program Applications and Lottery
- Parents will have the option to complete an online application for the 2022-2023 school year.
Magnet Program Timeline for 2022 Lottery
- Tuesday, March 1 - Application available online at 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 16 - Magnet Fair and Open House
- Emerson, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Hanby, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 13 - ** NEW ** Magnet Fair and Open House
- Emerson 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Hanby 6-7 p.m.
- Monday, April 18 - Application Deadline is 5 p.m. New students must complete enrollment with an Enrollment Specialist.
- Friday, April 22 - Close requests to remain at Hanby for current Grades 1 & 2.
- On or Before April 29 - Magnet Lottery
- On or Before Monday, May 2 - Lottery notification goes out to families
- Friday, May 6 - Deadline for families to respond to Magnet invitation.