The Westerville City Schools Board of Education is seeking a community member to replace Richard Bird, who submitted his resignation effective October 31, 2018. Our goal is to find a new member to serve the remainder of Richard Bird’s term, which runs through December 31, 2019.
School district residents interested in applying for the vacancy must complete and submit their online application materials no later than NOON (12:00 p.m.) on Friday, November 2, 2018. No paper copies will be accepted. To apply please click on the application link below.
The application itself consists of two components:
- the application form which includes a questionnaire to gauge interest, understanding, and intent, and
- a professional resume.
The completion of the online application and questionnaire will be submitted automatically however, applicants will need to also email their resumes to board president, Gerrie Cotter at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Jill Beck at email@example.com
Board of Education Application
The application process will generally be as follows:
- Application Process Begins-October 23, 2018
- Application Deadline-NOON (12:00 p.m.) on November 2, 2018
- Selection of Finalists-Special Board Meeting on November 5, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. (the Board will move immediately into executive session; applicant will not be part of the session)
- Interviews of finalists-November 9 and November 10, 2018
- Swearing in of new board member-November 19, 2018
Applicants must be U.S. citizens at least 18 years of age, residents of the school district, and registered voters. Please note that all application materials are subject to public record.
If you have questions about the process, please contact Gerrie Cotter, President of Westerville City Schools Board of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (614) 797-5713.