At the Westerville City Schools Board of Education meeting on October 22, 10 exemplary employees/groups will receive A+ Awards:
- Emilie Christoff, seventh grade teacher (general/special education), Genoa Middle School;
- The Emerson Traveling Turtles – Chris Doolittle, Shannon Goebeler, Kate Mantenieks, and PingPing Mo;
- Norma Hadden, clerk, Emerson Elementary School;
- Samuel Alan Hunt, student safety & discipline, Transportation;
- Lyndsey Manzo, secondary science curriculum specialist, District;
- Kate Nelson, first grade teacher, Wilder Elementary School;
- Kelly Ocheltree, intervention specialist, Pointview Elementary School;
- Chris Poynter, assistant principal, Genoa Middle School;
- Lee Rutherford, second grade teacher, Cherrington Elementary School; and
- Kimberly Swensen, AP English teacher, Westerville North High School.
A+ Awards honor outstanding school employees whose actions demonstrate:
- Support of the district’s Mission Statement, which is “To prepare students to contribute to the competitive and changing world in which we live;”
- Willingness to go above and beyond normal expectations in support of students; and
- Behavior consistent with one or more of the district’s values, including respect, inclusiveness, community, communication, collaboration, innovation, nurturing, trust and accountability.