Jennifer Gebhart leads a Yoga class at Hanby Elementary School.
Jennifer Gebhart, a licensed Yoga 4 Classrooms® trainer, offered a one-day Professional Development Workshop at Hanby Elementary on Friday, October 16, to empower elementary classroom teachers and other school staff to integrate simple yoga and mindfulness techniques into the class day, creating positive, peaceful, productive classrooms that support exceptional learning and a lifetime of health and wellness.
Educators, school counselors, physical education teachers, school nurses and administrators learned to recognize the physiological and neurological signs of stress and imbalance in their students and themselves. They were taught how to:
- Incorporate 67 simple, classroom-friendly yoga and mindfulness techniques into the class day to support self-awareness, self-regulation, social and emotional learning, and resilience;
- Facilitate learning readiness, which can improve student achievement;
- Improve classroom management while supporting students’ individual needs;
- Cultivate a positive, peaceful, productive classroom climate; and
- Become more effective educators.
Hanby is the first school in Central Ohio to use the mindfulness tools of Yoga 4 Classrooms. The Principal there is Monica Brown.
For further information, please visit www.yoga4classrooms.com.