Students attending Westerville City Schools, in grades 1 - 5, will begin classes on Thursday, August 13. Most elementary schools in the district will provide an opportunity for each family to learn of their child’s teacher/class placement for the 2015-2016 school year, return the emergency medical card, pay school fees, learn their child’s bus assignment and route schedule, as well as return free and reduced lunch forms (if applicable).
Families will be receiving correspondence from their school of residence that includes pertinent details about the upcoming school year. As an austerity measure, the Back-to-School mailing will direct all families to the district’s web site, www.wcsoh.org, to obtain additional forms and information. The packet will contain a greeting from the principal and forms such as the Emergency Medical Card and the Publicity Consent Form. Recipients should review the information, complete the forms, and return them as instructed.
Elementary school supply lists for the 2015-2016 school year are now available on the Westerville Schools website. These can be accessed from a link on the district’s home page as well as from each school’s home page. Go to www.wcsoh.org/backtoschool for details.
- Alcott Elementary Back-to-School Days will take place on August 6 from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. A School Walk-Through is scheduled for August 11 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Kindergarten Parent Orientation/Curriculum Night will also be held on August 11 from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. Curriculum Night for grades 1-5 is slated for August 26 from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. (1st grade, 6:00 p.m.; 2nd grade, 5:30 p.m.; 3rd grade, 6:30 p.m.; 4th grade, 7:00 p.m.; and 5th grade, 5:00 p.m.)
- Annehurst Back to School days are August 4 from noon - 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.; and August 5 from 9:00 a.m. - noon. Meet the Teacher (School Walk Through) is August 11 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. August 20 is Curriculum Night for parents of students in grades 1 - 2 from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.; and grades 3 - 5 from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Kindergarten Curriculum Night will take place on September 2 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Cherrington Elementary welcomes new and returning families to Back to School Days on August 5 from 9:00 a.m. - noon; and from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. During these times fees may be paid, emergency cards turned in, schedules picked up, and supplies purchased. A school walk through will take place August 11 from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. and the PTA will host an ice cream social and supply sale. Kindergarten Parent Orientation will be held at 6:00 p.m. August 11. On September 2, an Open House will take place for the entire school from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- Emerson World Languages & Cultures Magnet School schedule pick up will be held on August 4 from 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.; and August 5 from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Emerson families are invited to walk through the building and meet the teachers on August 11 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Emerson’s Curriculum Night will be held on August 20 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Please note that 1st, 2nd and 4th grade Curriculum Night will be from 6:00 - 6:45 p.m.; and 3rd and 5th grade Curriculum Night will take place from 7:15 p.m. -8:00 p.m.) There will be plenty of parking available on the playground. Students and families are also invited to attend the Emerson PTA Back to School Social which will be held from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. on September 11.
- Fouse Elementary School will hold Back to School Day on August 4 from 10:00 a.m. - noon and 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Invoices for school fees will be sent late September with collection of fees taking place at that time. Kindergarten Parent Night will take place at 6:30 p.m. on August 10. On August 11 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. families are invited to walk through the building, drop off supplies, and meet teachers. During this time the Fouse PTO will be on hand to share ways in which parents and volunteers can be involved with school, starting at 1:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Curriculum Night for grades 2, 3, and 4 is August 18 at 6:30 p.m. Curriculum night for grades 1 and 5 will take place at 6:30 p.m. on August 25.
- Robert Frost Elementary School will hold Back to School Days on Tuesday, August 4. On that day, parents may return/complete updated paperwork, pay fees, and learn classroom assignments anytime between the hours of 10:00 a.m. - noon or 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. School supplies will also be sold on August 4. Frost families are invited to walk through the building and meet teachers on August 11 anytime between 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Kindergarten Parent Orientation and Curriculum Night will take place at 6:00 p.m. on August 10. Curriculum night for parents of students in grades 1-5 will all be held on August 18: 1st grade at 5:00 p.m.; 2nd grade at 5:30 p.m.; 3rd grade at 6:00 p.m.; 4th grade at 6:30 p.m.; and 5th grade at 7:00 p.m.
- Hanby Magnet Elementary School will host Back to School Days on Tuesday, August 4 from 9:00 a.m. - noon; and Wednesday, August 5, from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. At this time school fees are to be paid, and students will learn their classroom assignments. Parents can hand in emergency cards and any necessary medical information during this event. In addition, there will be computers available in order for online lunch applications to be completed. PTA representatives will also be present with information about the upcoming school year. Meet the Teacher day will be held on August 11 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Curriculum night will take place for all parents on August 26: grades 1 - 3 from 6:15 - 7:00 p.m.; and grades 4 and 5 from 7:15 - 8:00 p.m. The PTA will host a Back to School Picnic at Metzger Park on September 3 from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Hawthorne Elementary Back to School Day will take place on August 3 from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Back to School Day will allow parents to pay school fees and find out who their child’s teacher will be. Hawthorne’s Meet the Teacher event will be held on August 11 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Curriculum nights for Hawthorne will be from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. on September 3 for grades 3, 4, 5; and September 8 for grades K, 1, 2.
- Huber Ridge Elementary School will hold Back to School Days on Wednesday, August 5 from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. and Thursday, August 6 from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Class assignments will be shared after school registration is completed and fees are paid. On Tuesday, August 11, from 2:30- 3:30 p.m., families are invited to attend Huber Ridge’s Open House, during which time students and parents can drop-off supplies, meet their teacher, and see their classroom. Kindergarten Parent Orientation will also take place on Tuesday, August 11, at 6:30 p.m. Curriculum Night for all grades K-5 will be held on Thursday, August 27 from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Longfellow will re-open this fall with all day Kindergarten classrooms. A combined Back to School Days and Meet the Teacher will take place on August 5 and 6 from 6:30 -7:30 p.m. Letters are being sent home to families with their assigned date. Parents need to bring their students to one of the two gentle start days on August 13 or 14, from 9:00 to 3:15 p.m. These details are also in the letter. The official first day of Kindergarten is August 17. Curriculum night is September 10.
- McVay Elementary will host its “Back to School Days” on Tuesday, August 4 from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. and Wednesday, August 5 from 9:00 - 11:30 a.m. Parents are asked to return their Back to School materials on one of these dates. A “Meet the Teacher Open House” will be held on August 11 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Kindergartners and those who are new to McVay are invited to stop by for a tour of the school, to be held at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 30. Kindergarten Parent Orientation will take place on Monday, August 10 at 7:00 p.m. Curriculum Night for grades 1-3 will be held on Wednesday, August 26 and on Thursday, August 27 for grades 4 and 5.
- Pointview Elementary Back to School Days will take place on August 4 from 10:00 a.m. - noon; and 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. During this time, fees may be paid, emergency cards turned in, and class assignments picked up. Open House will be held on August 11 from 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. This is a great time for families to come and take a sneak peak at the classrooms and drop off school supplies. Curriculum Night for grades K-5 will be held on September 1 from 6:30 - 7:15 p.m., and will repeat from 7:15 - 8:00 p.m. Families may attend either section or both times if they have multiple students attending Pointview.
- Mark Twain Elementary Back to School Days will take place on Monday, August 3 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.; and Tuesday, August 4 from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Meet the Teacher Open House will be held on Tuesday, August 11 for grades K-5 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Curriculum Night is scheduled on Wednesday, August 26 from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. for Kindergarten and grades 3-5; from 6:05 - 7:05 p.m. for grades K-2; and August 19 from 5:00-6:00 p.m. for ESL families. The annual PTA Family Picnic will be held on Wednesday, September 3 from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
- Whittier’s Back to School registration is planned for August 6 from 10:00 - noon and 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Meet the Teacher Open House will be held on Tuesday, August 11 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. The PTA will open the school store during the walk-through. Kindergarten orientation will take place from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. on Monday, August 10. Curriculum Night will be held September 3 for grades K-5 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Back-to-School at Wilder Elementary School will take place on Thursday, August 6, from 3:00 - 7:00 p.m. “Meet the Teacher” is Tuesday, August 11 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Please bring school supplies, emergency cards, and medical supplies and forms. Grades 3-5 can purchase classroom planners at this time for $3.00 (checks can be made out to the Wilder PTA). Curriculum Nights are: Tuesday, August 25 for grades 3, 4, and 5, from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.; and Thursday, August 27 for grades kindergarten, 1, and 2 from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.