College Planning Information
Below are the links to all information linked to college planning. Please read thoroughly and consult with your counselor when necessary.
* POWERPOINT 11/12 Class Meetings
SUGGESTED STEPS TO COLLEGE PLANNING
STEP ONE: Narrow down your college search to 4-5 colleges.
* COLLEGE VISITS/EXPLORATION
* COLLEGE ATHLETICS
STEP TWO: Apply to the colleges/universities of your choice. (Pay attention to all deadlines. For Priority Scholarship Deadlines, apply by November 1st).
1. Via Common App
COMMON APPLICATION PROCEDURES
2. Via College Website
STEP THREE: Request Letters of Recommendations AND Transcripts via NAVIANCE STUDENT (Please request at least 2 WEEKS prior to application deadline. This gives everyone time to process your request.)
1. Ask teachers personally to write you a letter of recommendation. Then log into Naviance Student to request.
* How do request transcripts and letters of recommendations?
Click Here for Instructions
Click Here to Login to NAVIANCE STUDENT
STEP FOUR: Determine how College/University accepts ACT/SAT scores. Transcript or Directly from Testing site
Additional test dates and deadlines, registration, costs, scores, etc
- ACT FEE WAIVERS: Students on free/reduced lunch qualify for two waivers to cover the cost of the ACT. See Guidance for waivers.
Test dates and deadlines, registration, costs, scores, etc
- SAT FEE WAIVERS: Students on free/reduced lunch qualify for two waivers to cover the cost of the SAT. See Guidance for waivers.
* SAT/ACT Comparison Chart
* SAT/ACT Test and Registration Dates
STEP FIVE: Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
* FINANCIAL AID/FAFSA
**Please note: Once all paperwork has been submitted, please allow colleges up to 4 weeks to process your application. If you have requested transcripts and letters of recommendations via Naviance Student, please disregard notices from colleges/universities.
|Counselor for students with last names A - Di
| Counselor for students with last names Do - Kh
|Counselor for students with last names Ki - Re
|Counselor for students with last names Rh - Z
|Student Assistance Coordinator
AP (ADVANCED PLACEMENT)
COLLEGE PLANNING PROCESS
COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS
ENRICHMENT OPPORTUNITIES- GIFTED
IB (International Bacccalaureate)
PHYSICAL EDUCATION WAIVER FAQ
SUMMER SCHOOL OPTIONS