2019 FALL ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
Kenny Farrow firstname.lastname@example.org - 614.561.7798 mobile
2019 FALL COACHING STAFF
Head Football/Basketball Cheer -
Head Cross Country -
Assistant Cross Country -
Head 8th Volleyball -
Head 7th Volleyball - JohnsonS@westerville.k12.oh.us
Head 8th Football -
Assistant 8th Football -
Head 7th Football - email@example.com
Assistant 7th Football - Zac Murphy firstname.lastname@example.org
Head 7th Volleyball - Shannon Johnson JohnsonS@westerville.k12.oh.us
***CHECK THIS WEB PAGE OFTEN FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE SUMMER CONDITIONING & FALL SPORTS INFORMATION. CONTACT ATHLETIC DIRECTOR KENNY FARROW WITH ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS (CONTACT INFO LISTED ABOVE)***
***ATTENTION ALL CURRENT (2018-19) 7/8TH GRADERS! YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF A 1.75 GPA AND PASSING 5 CLASSES ON YOUR QUARTER 4 GRADE REPORT IN ORDER TO GO TO ANY SUMMER CONDITIONING AND PARTICIPATE ON ANY FALL SPORTS TEAM! THIS APPLIES TO FALL FRESHMAN ATHLETES AS WELL. QUESTIONS? SCHEDULE TO SEE YOUR GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
1) 2019 7/8TH FOOTBALL SIGN-UP HAPPENING NOW! EMAIL COACH JUSTIN HUGHES TO SIGN-UP & FOR INFORMATION!
We will have a football parent/player informational meeting on Monday, June 24th from 6p-8p at Highlands Park Shelter House (245 S. Spring Rd). We will go over the summer workout conditioning schedule, along with the start of football camp and team outings. This meeting will also be important to get a number of committed athletes for both the 7th and 8th grade teams. We do need enough athletes registered to ensure we have a team for each grade. This will also be a fun casual BBQ cookout style meeting to allow parents and players get to know each other and catch up. The coaches will provide hot dogs and we ask if you could help bring a dish to share.
I will be contacting everyone with information throughout the season using both email and through the app, REMIND. If you choose to download the app, the access code is @2019ble.
SUMMER FOOTBALL CONDITIONING & CAMP INFO AVAILABLE NOW!
*WE NEED AS MANY AS POSSIBLE 7th GRADE & 8th GRADE ATHLETES SIGNED-UP IN ORDER TO MEET MINIMUM NUMBERS TO CREATE TWO MS FOOTBALL TEAMS. NOT ENOUGH SIGNED-UP=CANCELLING ONE OF OUR TEAMS FOR THE SEASON!
2) 2019-20 CHEER SUMMER PRACTICE & WESTERVILLE 4th OF JULY PARADE INFO AVAILABLE IN LATE JUNE!
3) 2019 7/8TH BOYS & GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN LATE JUNE!
4) 2019 7/8th BOYS & GIRLS GOLF - EMAIL AD - KENNY FARROW TO SIGN-UP!
5) 2019 7/8th GIRLS VOLLEYBALL SUMMER CONDITIONING & TRYOUT INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN LATE JUNE!
Updated June 10, 2019
*****ALL 2018-19 7/8th GRADE ATHLETES PARTICIPATING IN MIDDLE SCHOOL/HS SPORTS MUST HAVE RECEIVED A MINIMUM OF A 1.75 GPA AND 5 PASSING CLASSES ON THEIR LAST OFFICIAL GRADE REPORT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR FALL 2019 ***
***PARENTS & ATHLETES - PLEASE READ INFORMATION BELOW***
***Sports physicals (valid for one year from date administered), emergency medical authorization form, concussion information sheet, Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Lindsay's Law Parent/Athlete Signature Form, are all required to tryout(cheer, golf, volleyball, basketball, and softball) and on the first official day of practice for all other sports. Pay to participate fees and any school related fees, must be paid in full prior to the first scrimmage/competition for each sport***
Lindsay’s Law, from the Ohio Revised Code 3313.5310, 3707.58 and 3707.59 becomes effective on August 1, 2017. In accordance with this law, the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio Department of Education, the Ohio High School Athletic Association, the Ohio Chapter of the American College of Cardiology and other stakeholders jointly developed guidelines and other relevant materials to inform and educate students and youth athletes participating in or desiring to participate in an athletic activity, their parents, and their coaches about the nature and warning signs of sudden cardiac arrest.
Click this link to learn more about “Lindsay’s Law”…Click here to watch the required video…Click here for the required information sheet and click here for the required signature form
All athletes must submit this form before they can participate.
All athletes must have the following: (View and download forms here.)
- Physical Evaluation Form
- Emergency Medical Authorization
- Concussion Information Sheet: Interscholastic Athletics
Sports Participation Fee
Home Educated & Private School Students
** IMPORTANT **
- Students planning to tryout for any school sport must have a current physical on file in the athletic office. Physicals are good for one year from the date signed by physician . Be sure to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Sports Physical Forms are available on the right.
- All events are scheduled to start at 5:00 PM unless indicated otherwise. School transportation and weather may affect the actual starting time. Home events against Olentangy schools will probably begin after 5:00 due to bus issues.
- Please note that students will be bussed one-way to games and meets held against the other Westerville middle schools. Parents will need to provide transportation home from these events.