BLENDON BULLDOG ATHLETICS
2020 Fall Sports Starting the week of July 26, 2020!
2020-21 Athletic Director
Kenny Farrow firstname.lastname@example.org - 614.561.7798 cell
2020 Fall Coaching Staff
7/8th Head Cheer - Jordan Wolf email@example.com
7/8th Volunteer Assistant Cheer - Caitlin Cantrell firstname.lastname@example.org
7th Head Footbal - TBD
7th Assistant Football - Zac Murphy email@example.com
8th Head Football - Dillon Seckman firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Assistant Coach - TBD
8th Head Volleyball - Stephanie Packard email@example.com
7th Head Volleyball - TBD
7/8th Boys/Girls Golf - Athletes may tryout for Walnut Springs' team. Contact Eric Heminger firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Sports Optional Training Begins the Week of July 26, 2020. Sport specific dates & times of training available by July 6, 2020.
*Must have the following items completed and all documents ready to submit the 1st day of conditioning. Athletes will be required to leave if all of the following items have not been completed.
1) Register with your sport online to attend conditioning (more info posted by July 3, 2020)
2) COVID-19 Waiver Click here to download
3) Current 2020-21 OHSAA Sports Physical - See link Below
4) Emergency Medical Authorization - See link below
5) Concussion Information Sheet - See link below
6) Sudden Cardiac Arrest Form - See link below
CROSS COUNTRY -
CHEER - Cheer uniform top/bottom provided by Blendon. Additional competition gear must be provided by athlete (Approximately $125)
FOOTBALL - *Must have enough players to field two teams!
GOLF - Tryouts/Preseason practice TBD by Walnut Springs. See coach contact info above.
Link to all-sports schedules - ARBITER LIVE
https://arbiterlive.com/ *(make sure to click Blendon then 2020-21 schedule)
All athletes entering 8th grade must have passed 5 classes during their last grading period (Spring 2020) to be eligible to tryout and/or participate in Fall athletics @ Blendon.
Updated July 1, 2020
***PARENTS & ATHLETES - PLEASE READ INFORMATION BELOW***
***Sports physicals (valid for one year from date administered), emergency medical authorization form, concussion information sheet, Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Lindsay's Law Parent/Athlete Signature Form, are all required to tryout(cheer, golf, volleyball, basketball, and softball) and on the first official day of practice for all other sports. Pay to participate fees and any school related fees, must be paid in full prior to the first scrimmage/competition for each sport***
Lindsay’s Law, from the Ohio Revised Code 3313.5310, 3707.58 and 3707.59 becomes effective on August 1, 2017. In accordance with this law, the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio Department of Education, the Ohio High School Athletic Association, the Ohio Chapter of the American College of Cardiology and other stakeholders jointly developed guidelines and other relevant materials to inform and educate students and youth athletes participating in or desiring to participate in an athletic activity, their parents, and their coaches about the nature and warning signs of sudden cardiac arrest.
Click this link to learn more about “Lindsay’s Law”…Click here to watch the required video…Click here for the required information sheet and click here for the required signature form
All athletes must submit this form before they can participate.
All athletes must have the following: (View and download forms here.)
- Physical Evaluation Form
- Emergency Medical Authorization
- Concussion Information Sheet: Interscholastic Athletics
Sports Participation Fee
Home Educated & Private School Students
** IMPORTANT **
- Students planning to tryout for any school sport must have a current physical on file in the athletic office. Physicals are good for one year from the date signed by physician . Be sure to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Sports Physical Forms are available on the right.
- All events are scheduled to start at 5:00 PM unless indicated otherwise. School transportation and weather may affect the actual starting time. Home events against Olentangy schools will probably begin after 5:00 due to bus issues.
- Please note that students will be bussed one-way to games and meets held against the other Westerville middle schools. Parents will need to provide transportation home from these events.