2017 - 2018 ATHLETIC DIRECTORS WINTER & SPRING
Kenny Farrow firstname.lastname@example.org - 614.561.7798
Abram Estes email@example.com
2018 SPRING COACHING STAFF
Head 7th Grade Girls Softball
Head 8th Grade Girls Softball - Michelle Beightol-Batten
Head Boys Track & Field - Kenny Farrow
firstname.lastname@example.org - 614.561.7798
Assistant Boys Track & Field - Shannon Johnson
Head Girls Track & Field - Justin Hughes
Assistant Girls Track & Field - Donte Martin
2018 SPRING SOFTBALL AND TRACK & FIELD SCHEDULES LINK
- Softball optional open gym 4:30-6:00 February 5, 8, 9, 12, 14, & 15 (labeled as practice on link above)
- Softball tryouts 4:30-6:00 Thursday, February 22 & Thursday, March 1 (labeled as practice on link above)
- Track & Field optional open conditioning 2:45-4:30 February 22, 23, 27 & March 1, 2 (labeled as practice on link above) Contact Kenny Farrow email@example.com 614.561.7798
***SOFTBALL AND TRACK & FIELD PARENTS & ATHLETES - PLEASE READ INFORMATION BELOW***
***ALL ATHLETES TRYING OUT OR PARTICIPATING IN SPRING SPORTS MUST HAVE RECEIVED A MINIMUM OF A 1.75 GPA AND 5 PASSING CLASSES ON THEIR LAST OFFICIAL GRADE REPORT ***
Attention all girls interested in trying out for spring softball. Please listen to the daily announcements for information and complete the sign-up sheet in the cafeteria available during lunch on January 26, 29, & 30. Tryouts dates are listed above. Sports physicals (valid for one year from date administered), emergency medical authorization form, concussion information sheet, Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Lindsay's Law Parent/Athlete Signature Form, are all required to tryout
All 7th & 8th grade boys and girls interested in having fun, meeting new friends, improving their level of fitness, and competing should join the Blendon Track & Field Team! There are no tryouts or cuts! Preseason, optional conditioning will begin in mid-February indoors @ Blendon. Please bring a current sports physical, emergency medical authorization form, concussion information sheet, and Sudden Cardiac Arrest/Lindsay's Law Parent/Athlete Signature Form to your first conditioning.
***PARENTS & ATHLETES - PLEASE READ INFORMATION BELOW***
***Sports physicals (valid for one year from date administered), emergency medical authorization form, concussion information sheet, Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Lindsay's Law Parent/Athlete Signature Form, are all required to tryout(cheer, golf, volleyball, basketball, and softball) and on the first official day of practice for all other sports. Pay to participate fees and any school related fees, must be paid in full prior to the first scrimmage/competition for each sport***
Lindsay’s Law, from the Ohio Revised Code 3313.5310, 3707.58 and 3707.59 becomes effective on August 1, 2017. In accordance with this law, the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio Department of Education, the Ohio High School Athletic Association, the Ohio Chapter of the American College of Cardiology and other stakeholders jointly developed guidelines and other relevant materials to inform and educate students and youth athletes participating in or desiring to participate in an athletic activity, their parents, and their coaches about the nature and warning signs of sudden cardiac arrest.
Click this link to learn more about “Lindsay’s Law”…Click here to watch the required video…Click here for the required information sheet and click here for the required signature form
All athletes must submit this form before they can participate.
All athletes must have the following: (View and download forms here.)
- Physical Evaluation Form
- Emergency Medical Authorization
- Concussion Information Sheet: Interscholastic Athletics
Sports Participation Fee
Home Educated & Private School Students
** IMPORTANT **
- Students planning to tryout for any school sport must have a current physical on file in the athletic office. Physicals are good for one year from the date signed by physician . Be sure to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Sports Physical Forms are available on the right.
- All events are scheduled to start at 5:00 PM unless indicated otherwise. School transportation and weather may affect the actual starting time. Home events against Olentangy schools will probably begin after 5:00 due to bus issues.
- Please note that students will be bussed one-way to games and meets held against the other Westerville middle schools. Parents will need to provide transportation home from these events.