At the Westerville City Schools Board of Education meeting on Monday, November 24, seven exemplary employees will receive A+ Awards:
- Leslie Baumann, English Language Arts teacher, Westerville North High School;
- Sean Gorsuch, head custodian, Genoa Middle School;
- Candi Hall, mild/moderate special education teacher, Westerville South High School;
- Amy Hinz, second grade teacher, Cherrington Elementary;
- Jeffrey McMillan, social studies teacher, Blendon Middle School;
- Patrick Quinn, moderate/intense special education teacher, Walnut Springs Middle School; and
- Shelli Speakman, moderate/intense special education teacher, Wilder Elementary.
A+ Awards have been reactivated to honor outstanding school employees whose actions demonstrate:
- Support of the district’s Mission Statement, which is “To prepare students to contribute to the competitive and changing world in which we live;”
- Willingness to go above and beyond normal expectations in support of students; and
- Behavior consistent with one or more of the district’s values, including respect, inclusiveness, community, communication, collaboration, innovation, nurturing, trust and accountability.